Search This Blog

Monday, January 23, 2012

A Brush with Colours



















I spread the red
in the dark alleys of
 a rain washed canvas.
The green sucked me in,
The yellow burnt.

The brush was about to
blob a dash of crimson
on the ochre of my face.
I shut out all colours.

I started running…
 to the centre of the canvas,
towards the black of a myriad births,
into the deep recess of the Prussian blue

‘Things fall apart
The centre cannot hold’
And there was memory too
The point or the ocean….

Memory is like flowing water
Now here, now there...
Strokes of ulrtra marine blue
With a streak of azure adieu.

I entered water
Where he washed his brush
And thus I was in every stroke
… in every shape and form

And In fiery crimson
We envision
The broken dreams
Of a bougainvillea.

Drowned …
Into a kaleidoscopic black
…no it should have been
Deep grey with a yellow tinge

A hint of a sun-
The seduction of light.

-Nandini




3 comments:

sup said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nandini Basu said...

thanks so much for liking :-)

Susmita said...

bohudin baade tomar blog e elam r eshei ki asadharon pawa hoe gelo! durdanto!!! shonger chhobita ki tomar aanka??